Monday, January 31, 2011

conversations with a three year old

Conversations I had with three year old Tayla as I watched my friends' kids Saturday night:

(While watching The Great Mouse Detective)

Me: I loved this movie when I was little!

Tayla: When you get to three like me, you can watch this too.

~~~

Tayla: Can I pull the kitty's tail?

Me: No.

Tayla: Why not?

Me: Because it will hurt her.

Tayla: Will she scratch me?

Me: Yes, she will scratch you.

(Right. That's all that matters, kid.)

~~~

(While watching WALL-E, the space ship comes back for Eve and takes her away.)

Tayla: But she's good! She's a girl!

(Teach 'em young. Girls=good. Boys=Bad.)

~~~

(Tayla spots a bowl of candy)

Tayla: Ooooh what's that?

Me: That's bad for you.

Tayla: But what is it?

Me: Drugs.

Tayla: *eyeroll*

~~~

Tayla: I want the kitty to sit on my lap.

Me: I can't make her sit on your lap. She does what she wants.

Tayla: Why?

Me: Because she's a cat and she does what she wants. She has to want to. 

Tayla: Make her want to.

~~~

Tayla: Can I have the candy?

Me: Nope.

~~~

Me: Tayla, it's quiet time. Let's read a book and go to sleep.

Tayla: I don't want to.

Me: You don't have to want to. But I'm gonna read this book to your sister. You have to be quiet while we read.

(I read Curious George. About half way through...)

Tayla: I want to see too!

~~~

Tayla: Can I have the candy?

Me: Nope.

~~~

(After the book is done)

Tayla: I'll lay here but I'm keeping my eyes open until Mommy and Daddy get back.

Me: Good luck with that.

19 comments mean you love me:

Brandy Wilcoxen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I fear for the kitty...

Oilfield Trash said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love stories like this. Kids make for such great stories and entertainment with their innocent views of life.

amydpp said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hide, Kitty, HIDE! and take the candy with you....

Nush said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hahaha! Candy = drugs... well it is true. Kind off... maybe.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Brandy- that's probably wise.

OT- innocent, yeah, innocent. heh.

amy- hahahaha! YES!

Nush- haha! she so wasn't buying it.

Simone said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

so sweet. and the photos are beautiful.

Ella said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Adorable.

Hutch said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I never liked cats when I was little and was constantly getting scratched, maybe I shouldn't have pulled their tails as much.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Simone- right? thanks!!

Elle- :) she really is.

Hutch- that'll do it.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

she's adorable and obviously quite bright!

wonder if she kept her eyes open til Mommy and Daddy came home...she would have for sure if she had eaten that candy!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

she's SO smart and yes she did stay awake until they got back.

meleah rebeccah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awwwww! She is simply ADORABLE how ever did you say NO to that face?

TILTE said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

awwww, she's so cute. <3

i love it when i see kids who are actually cute, and not some form of fetal pig/ miley cyrus hybrid and then i have to pretend like they're actually adorable.

is that mean? so what.

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE that she gave you an eyeroll when you told her "drugs".

This header is by far my fave! Please keep it for a while!

Ilana @mommyshorts said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Tayla is adorable. And "But she's good! She's a girl!" is by far my favorite. I guess she hasn't met Angelina Jolie yet.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

meleah- right? she uses that sweet face to her advatage. luckily, I have an iron will.

Gun- hahahaha! crackup.

Liz- right? she's too smart. and thanks!

Ilana- I know right? too funny.

Laura said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This chic is a adorable!!!

alonewithcats said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Can I have the candy?

P.S. I heart the new banner.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Laura- tell me about it!

Jess- for you? always. and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...