Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Photo of the Day: Dead Bulbs

dead bulbs in B&W

We had some rare blue days last week. And so I headed out with my camera to play with settings. This shot is not as crisp as I'd like but I love the bold contrast of plant against sky. What do you think?

If you click on the photo, you can see other sizes on flickr.

17 comments mean you love me:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

very cool!

The Barreness said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely, babes.

Also, the bulbs reminded me of holly berries (not sure why), so it was kind of a poignant, "the happiest time of year is definitely over" kind of moment.

Or maybe it's just residual side effects from the copious amounts of flu meds I've been on.

Either or.

- B x

amydpp said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this makes me sad. i want spring!

Oilfield Trash said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is an awesome picture.

Simone said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

wow! this would make for an EXCELLENT album cover. love. love. love.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh my goodness you guys! thanks for all the sweet comments! I know we're dead in the middle of winter. I kinda like it. :)

meleah rebeccah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you take such amazing photos!

KLZ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I know this may not translate right but...this makes me think of some crazy, awesome 60s movie.

It's gorgeous. You should sell it to me for $5 so I can hang it in my house. Or for free even...

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, meleah!

KLZ, my dear, I can't sell it to you for freeeee, because that wouldn't be selling. that would be giving. <3

Reckless Sarcasm said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nice! I love roses in all of their phases. They're roses right? :)

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

actually, I don't think they are roses.

Lynnette said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

your comment said you love the contrast against the blue, but the picture is black and white ;-)

Lynnette said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

okay totally read that wrong, time for bed.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you're lucky I love you so much

alonewithcats said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This reminds me of the opening credits of "Six Feet Under," when the lilies would shrivel and die.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

oh what a great compliment! I loved that show. :)

<3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...