Thursday, June 10, 2010

Margaritas, Weed, and Slut Signals

So I guess this is the point where I write a very witty post and have the entire Internet drowning in tears of laughter. Except I am suffering a mild case of writer's block. I have feelings. I do. And I'd want to write about them if I had any urge other than eat a lot of food (well, hello cookies and cream ice cream, where have you been all my life?) and watch episode after episode of Weeds.

Not that I've been sitting at home all week (after work) just watching Netflix and stuffing my face. That's just what I'm doing right now. Last night, I got to go out to dinner with a long-time friend Laura and we gorged ourselves on delicioso Mexican food and drank one too many margaritas, which would have been fine if the 2nd one hadn't been so damn strong.

Point to note: Tequila and Andrea don't mix.

I wasn't drunk, but tequila makes me sick to my stomach. So after dinner, I held my queasy belly and watched episodes of Weeds. Damn that show is awesome! How had I not discovered it up 'til now?

Where was I? Oh right, dinner with my friend. Laura is total awesome sauce and I've pretty much though she was the bees knees since senior year high school drama class. Hells yeah. Sometimes there is nothing better than greasy food, alcohol, and chatting with a girl you've known forever about your slutty days (I'm not sure which of us was sluttier. It was a close call.).

Note: we are old ladies now (Happy 30th, Laura! I'm right behind ya!) and have left our slutty days behind us. Maybe it takes until your late twenties to realize that quality not quantity is a saying for a reason. I thought I should point this out since I know how all manwhores have sonar for the word "slut" and come running like Batman to the Bat Signal. Like a Slut Signal.  And I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up.


Um yeah.

So I work long ass days all weekend so I won't be posting until Sunday most likely. Unless perchance I get home one night with the overwhelming urge to write and then I'll just post like a blogger on meth. It will blow your mind, because you won't be expecting it. 

You'll be like, man, that crazy lady is blowin' my mind with all this unexpected posting right now! 

I know, your friends will say, she's like a some kind of blogging diva

And I'll bask in my glory. 

Of course, that prob won't happen since I'll be dragging my ass to bed the minute I get home. If I remember to wash my face and/or brush my teeth, someone should give me a medal. But that won't happen because I live alone. And all my cats care about is that I feed them. Asshole cats.

15 comments mean you love me:

mysteri a.k.a martin said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

As always, i love oyur posts and the whole slut and batman thing had me laughing because ur so right when people here a girl say the word slut or referance it they think that is a call like the bat signal for them to get lucky or something. the bat signal picture was an added twist ha! and WEEDs! good show!!! ha and man whores lol! Although i'm no manwhore nah i'm just a cool kat who loves reading your blogs and hearing what you have to say :) good luck with work and your busy weekend coming up, hopefully you will get to crack open a cold one sometime and relax in between your hetic days :)ha u know what else is funny the captcha i have to enter to post this says theman lol!

EJ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm really wondering how you two are seeing each other so much when I live down the street from Laura and still haven't seen her since moving to the OC.

Age and time are both numbers. Maybe for me, I'm really Peter Pan. Or maybe I see the people around me having families and not living their lives to the fullest. I know that you have been places, which I am still jealous of. Maybe I will be able to see the world outside of North America soon. I will always look up to you like my older sis haha. Hopefully, I can bring you some youth from time to time.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Martin- thanks for reading

EJ- you know I love ya like a little brotha (get it? heh.), but maybe some of us see having families as living life to the fullest. there are some thing you're never too old to do, but some things you check off the list and move on. a full life is a very personal thing, dude. I'd love to be *old* and take the next steps in life. I did the party thing. I'm ready for more "fullness." ya dig?

the only reason I get to see Laura is because she's has class near me and I can nab her afterward.

we hate you. love, us said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

haha, "slut signal" - that's genius!

I'm so glad you discovered "Weeds". It's one of my favorite shows on television. It always puts me in a better mood. Nancy Botwin is out of control.

-Betty

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

my fave line from Weeds: thug means never having to say you're sorry.

awesome

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Weeds really is great.

I actually watched the entire run while suffering from writers block.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yeah, it really is great!

thanks for reading, everyone!

Jackie T said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Seriously, last week I watched the first FOUR seasons of Weeds... maybe 3 actually, but a WHOLE FREAKIN LOT of it. I'm not going to ruin it for you, but (having seen it before) I was like, I'm just going to watch until X happens. In my memory X happened at the end of season 1, not season 3.

I agree on the slut radar as well. I'm trying to slowly edge out of the slutty years (though I'm a wee bit behind at 26) solely because the lacking of a close group of friends has somehow turned slutty time into make a friend, sleep with friend, lose friend. It's not really a good plan there.

Might I suggest some retail therapy over comfort food therapy? That's been my MO for the past week or so...

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

sounds about right. I think I wound down my slut years between 25 and 26. and OH shopping therapy is my fave kind! I just eat when I'm bored or lazy. shopping always makes me feel better.

thanks for reading!

Ley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Writer's block sucks, and your blog rocks. Thanks for making my days a little better!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thank you for reading! that's very sweet. :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh, stopping by from 20sb and I LOVE your blog! Can't wait to read more!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, Krysten! I'll have to check out your blog too. I confess I never check my profile at 20sb. :D

KLZ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE Weeds. Damn, Nancy Botwin is crazy pants. Sigh. Love.

Also, I would totally wear a shirt with that slut signal on it. I'd have to wear it just around the house because no one else would get the humor.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

maybe I should think about making T-shirts. I'd make millions and be able to quit working. I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...