Monday, September 27, 2010

Random Thoughts of a Crazy Lady

You just never know what might happen. An innocent coffee date could turn into something much more fun than you'd intended and to which you wish you'd worn cuter underpants. And talking about sports can create more sexual tension than you ever thought possible or even should be possible. For example, did you know that curling is all about creating a suitably wet surface? I didn't. Yet now I do. And my knowledge is the fuller for it.

Also: more men should invest in arm muscles. Just sayin'.
....

Mad Men, how I love thee. Your witty drama and abnormally pretty people sooth me in the middle of the night when I cannot sleep and my bed is feeling especially empty. Mad Men, you provide me with both Don Draper and Joan whateverthehellhernewlastnameis to fill my bed with. And for that, Mad Men? I am truly grateful. Truly. Truly grateful. You'll never know quite how much.
....

Here is my life's dilemma: I like to cook most days. I'm okay at it at any rate. But I hate to grocery shop. Hate it. Despise it with the depths of my soul. So how to get the food to me with minimal effort on my part? See? My life's dilemma.
....
I awoke this morning to find a child in the bushes in front of my house taunting my cat through the window. I may or may not have scared the child as well. But what I want to know is: why is said child not in school? It's practically October. Kid looks about 10 years old. I'm thinking school is the only reasonable answer at this point. Should I call a truancy officer? Do they still have those?
....

So, remember the whole Starving Students movers fiasco? Well, the point of that blog post was to tell you how suckmonkey they were right? Well, Ad Sense didn't think so. No siree. Guess what my darling friend Jenny found on my page?

Seriously, Ad Sense? Seriously? I think this one is one big massive FAIL on your part, mmmmk? Perhaps it's time for me to start selling ad space myself. Can't have ads for asshat movers on my site now can I? Nope. Not even. 

Update on that front: Starving Students agreed to move the rest of my schtuff for free but I have to pay the weight, which I would have paid anyway. But, I have no clue when they'll deliver it. Could be next week. Could be 2015. 
....

I'm crafty, remember? Crafty like a fox.

My new thing is ring making. Out of buttons. Look at my first two creations:

Cute right? I know. I'm completely brilliant. But really, what do you think? I enjoyed making these so much that I'm thinking about opening an Etsy shop.  It would be inexpensive of course. And I could do earrings and necklaces too. 



Would you buy something like this?

22 comments mean you love me:

JP said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sell them online... Like Penny Blossoms!

http://www.growingmoneyblog.com/2009/03/penny-blossoms/

Ley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

1. Mad Med: obsession. I. Love. Joan.

2. Adsense can kiss my ass--they put adds for United Airlines on my blog post reaming the shit out of their call center staff. But someone clicked on the ad, and I made money. Sweet justice? Perhaps.

3. I'm totally lusting after the second ring, and etsy is my internet shopping addiction. Open a shop so that I have one more place to buy unique and cute jewelery!!

<3

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

JP- thanks. I think I might on Etsy.

Ley- Joan is the best! AdSense. blerg. and okay!

Suniverse said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think you absolutely HAVE to start selling those rings. You are amazing!

Don't hate me - I could not get into Mad Men. It was soooo boring. I love the dapperness, but nothing else.

Elle said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The rings are adorable! Fabulous idea! I never would've thought about using buttons to make cute rings.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sun- well then okay! I don't hate you. Mad Men is not for everyone. and I even multitask when they have an episode that's less than riveting.

Elle- thanks!!

Lindsey Myers said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOVE the rings! Definitely open an Etsy shop. :-)

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, cousin! I think I will. :D

KLZ said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think you could get some traction for your new etsy shop by offering a ring as a Project Purse and Boots giveaway item...

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

ooh I totally could. how would that work?

Michele said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yes I would buy them! It reminds me of some that I have...when my wedding ring was getting sized my husband said he was going to get me a second ring, which I thought was ridiculous. He came home with a box, and it was a ring that had a 2 on it. It was made from an old typewriter key. I wore it again when my fingers swelled at the end of my pregnancy. Since they he's bought me and A & J on a necklace for my girls names. I LOVE them.

go get your craft on!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

your husband sounds cute!

Natalie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hmmm...maybe I should turn on AdSense and see what kind of crap they send my way!

I've never watched Mad Men, but keep hearing about it. I have no more time for another show. I'll just take your word it's good!

The button rings are very, VERY cute!!

Dawn said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Want. Now.

I lurve the second one mostest and would buy one in a heartbeat, I love quirky fun jewelry.

And I still want to track down the asshat movers and junk punch them for you. I'm a giver.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Natalie- thanks!! if you ever find yourself in the TV lulls, start Mad Men from the beginning on netflix or something. that's how I got into it. :)

Dawn- you're so awesome!

Hills said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay, I LURVE those rings.

Believe it or not, i refuse to wear precious stones, so I'm always looking for creative jewelry options and those are brilliant.

Second (and of MUCH more importance), more details on coffee dates and wet surfaces, por favor.

- B x

KittyCat said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the rings. WOuld totally buy one. Are you selling them?

AS for the ad sense (suckass movers)on your page, Yeah I think that sucks.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Barreness- thank you! I owuld love to provide more details but think I should err on the side of discretion at this point. I'll say this: he was hot!

Soccermom- thank you! I don't think I'll sell the first two. at least not the second one as I want it for myself. but I'll be making more soon. I'll let everyone know when my etsy page is up!

mylittlebecky said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

supah cute! i lurve buttons! :)

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yay buttons!

Kate Geisen said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your first paragraph! It's like a haiku of a story.

Never seen Mad Men, but if I had room in my life for a new TV show, that could be it.

And I don't mind cooking and can live with grocery shopping, but I despise meal planning. Around our house, I consider "What's for dinner?" a four letter word (right up there with "Ewwww!! I HATE [insert food name here]!!" Seriously. If God wanted me to listen to your whining, He wouldn't have given me the ability to ignore you.

Have a great weekend!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, Kate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...