Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Feverish

I have weird dreams when I have a fever. In fact, there are a few dreams that I always have had when I have a fever, ever since I was little. I always know when I have a fever because I have a certain set of dreams.

People get paper thin. And a steamroller rumbles through my childhood home. Every time.

Then there are the more bizarre, hallucinogenic type dreams. When I was a kid, I was sick with bronchitis and had a 104 fever. I dreamed my dad was trying to kill me. THAT wasn't reality (and made my poor father feel awful). That was a fever dream.

Last night, I dreamt I met a man who looked like Cillian Murphy in a parking lot playing a piano. Then when he leaned in to kiss me, his face distorted and he turned into a flesh eating zombie and tried to eat my face. That was a fever dream.

This morning, my fever broke. My cold migrated from my throat to my head. And I decided I was on the mend.

Then I had a meeting this afternoon. It went well, then I decided to wander around a nearby mall. Maybe buy a new book. I rarely venture into malls anymore. I'm not opposed per se, but the good shopping isn't necessarily in a mall and I don't often have a need to go into one.

As I wandered through this mall, it felt surreal. Bizarre. There were stores I didn't even know existed anymore. Which was...weird. But mostly, I felt like I was floating through the mall. Wandering past the endless stores. Trying to keep my sense of direction in the indoor corridors which all look the same. Bizarre. Like a dream sequence in a bad eighties horror flick.

Wasn't sure if the mall experience was truly that odd or if the fuzz in my head had clouded everything into a haze. Or if my fever had returned.

Turns out? I have a fever.

And with that, I give you THE sexiest song ever performed.

Peggy Lee is the inimitable songstress. My dance troupe did a number to this song years ago, but it still comes back to me. Never before have I felt sexier dancing.

10 comments mean you love me:

Alicia said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ohhhh....honey.....sounds like younger still sick! No fun!!! Never, I repeat never go to a mall sick. U will pass out. In fact I am surprised you didn't! I would have for sure!! Get some rest, drink lots of fluid, take some Aleve and NyQuil. Text me in the morning if your better!;)

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, doc! I will. :D

Bitter Betty said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your phone sex voice! And that song? Probably one of the sexiest ever....

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

doesn't it remind you of Friends? sticky shoes. my sticky sticky shoes. hee!

and right? remember that number that Lynn choreographed? so hot!

Meredith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

this is one of my all-time favorite songs -- i actually performed it for years as an audition song, though never anywhere near as wonderfully as the majestic Ms. Lee.

so glad you're feeling better!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

aaaand now I've gotten worse again. sucks.

Suniverse said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooh. I hate the delirious fever state. I hope you feel better soon.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, darlin! every time I think I'm getting better, I get worse again. boo.

KittyCat said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

SOunds like you need to stay in bed! till you get over it.
Now that will be $180.
For my visit. hee hee

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, doc. but I think my copay is more like $20. nice try though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...