Friday, March 4, 2011

Letter of Recommendation

So I've had a little bit of friendship drama as of late. And this is not the place to discuss it. I only mention it to set the stage. I have a lovely friend here in Portland named Sonja. I've mentioned her before I think. Anyway, she is a total sweetheart and I'm so glad to have met her, as you will see in just a moment.


Sonja, sweetness that she is, wrote me a letter of recommendation for friendship and gave it to me the other night along with some other goodies. Yes she did. It made my day and I can't help but share it with you.

To whom it may concern:

It is with great pleasure that I am writing this formal letter of reference for Andrea. In the time that I have known Andrea I have seen her exhibit many outstanding qualities for the position of friendship that she holds. I can attest wholeheartedly to her outstanding performance in this position. Andrea has many talents in this field and I will list them accordingly as she has displayed them.

Andrea is open minded and a good listener- I am no easy nut to crack and yet she puts up with all my randomness with no judgement.

Andrea is funny- I will not expound on this too much because if you know Andrea, you already know this! (She can't hide it.)

Andrea is efficient- Recently I held a very lavish birthday soiree and not only did Andrea go over my lists with me, she also accompanied me on the necessary shopping trip for supplies. My usual shopping time was cut down by a third due to her efficiency.

Andrea is willing to do whatever is needed to get a particular task finished- At the above mentioned birthday soiree Andrea evidenced her skills in culinary feats (as her about her amazing Angel Tiramisu), photography, and cat herding (hey, you try to get 15 party revelers to change locations mid-stream!! Andrea did this with ease!).

Andrea demonstrates a cooperative attitude and good cheer- these are important and appreciated when a friendship is considered with me. I can test the patience of a less pat friend when the perfect storm of alcohol/karaoke/and my favorite dive bar are assembled!!! Andrea has always been ready and available to enjoy said storm but seems to keep her wits about her (She never has to make apology or regrets for what she has said or done the next day as I have been known to do!!).

Creativity, Beauty,  and Intelligence are all further qualities that Andrea demonstrates and utilizes.

Andrea deserves serious consideration whenever a friendship position needs filled, and I recommend her highly.

Sincerely,
Sonja

Could you ask for a better recommendation? What a great friend I have!

13 comments mean you love me:

Nush said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW! Sounds like thumbs up for you eh? :D Go Andy!

That was a very sweet thing to do. Friends rule!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is incredibly kind and thoughtful! What a nice idea to show a friend how much you care <3 I hope the other drama gets resolved soon!

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You've got an awesome friend. That was incredibly sweet of her.

Ley said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this with all my heart! What a truly fantastic friend! Also: you're a great person. And you totally deserved this letter!

LOVE.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nush- I know right? so sweet!

Hasta- yes, it so made my day. :)

Colleen- I know! she's the bestest.

Ley- oh you are the best too. love!

Strugglecity said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're hired!
That's so amazing that she did that for you. I love good friends.

Simon said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good reference.....Do you have any professional references to go with it? You can never be too careful these days. ;-)

Satan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

man, will she write a recommendation for me??
that's pretty good kudos for being your freeeend.
not that i didn't know that already. : ]

alonewithcats said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Friends! Almost as awesome as cats.

Suniverse said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE this. This is wonderful. Truly. You are a great friend. And so is Sonja.

I honestly can't explain how happy this makes me.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

lex- woohoo! you won't regret this. :)I know. good friends make life worthwhile.

Simon- dude. plenty of professional references I've got. it's the friends that are hard to find.

Satan- if you became her friend, she so would! <3 love to you!!!

Jess- couldn't have said it better myself.

Sun- take that happiness and multiply it by ten and that's how happy it makes ME! <3

Yuliya said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is absolutely fantastic. I may have to borrow this idea.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

borrow away! it's too sweet not to. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...