Facebook is a magical place, isn't it (pronounced itn't it, like Ursula says in the Little Mermaid)?
I have become close with more than a few of my bloggy friends. My bleeps, as it were.
But, truth be told, in a world like ours, on the grand Internet, life is blurry. How many times have I started a story, "my friend so and so said. I mean, this girl whose blog I read..."
And I mean it. Many of you lovelies have become my friends. It's an amazing thing really.
And because of those burgeoning friendships, some of you have become my Facebook friends as well.
But here's the problem. While I'm not an anonymous blogger per se, I have decided to safeguard my privacy a little more tightly.
I've had some issues with an overeager "fan." Yeah, we'll say a fan. Because when I say fan it makes me feel all important and shit. Like I'm a legitimate writer or something. Ahhh fame has its drawbacks. What a rough life we celebrities lead.
Anyway. My personal Facebook page is private. For a reason. A lot of that reason is that I share personal pieces of information on the blog and my friends on Facebook do as well.
Not to demean my bloggy friendships, because you folks are the super coolest and I value you. But I don't want to devalue my own desire for privacy in the effort at not hurting feelings.
Therefore, I declare some rules! Because I'm OCD (as we've already established) and I love rules. At least the ones I make. Those are the best kind.
- If you want to connect with me on Facebook, please "like" my fan page. That is for why I made it. And hey, there's always Twitter. Or even the old fashioned way: email (gasp!).
- If I know you outside of the blog. Like, we've connected through phone or in person, etc (I will use my own discretion here), I may consider accepting your friend request.
- If we are already friends on Facebook and we don't meet the above criteria, I'll be deleting you. Sorry. That's just how it goes. And it's only fair.
- If your blog page is a personal page, I'll be friends with your page on Facebook because I like to promote my friends' blogs and get blog updated on Facebook. But expect to be put on a limited profile list.
- If I am not your Facebook friend, you are not allowed to get your feelings hurt. This is about my need for privacy. Not your feelings. Mmmk, pumpkin?
I do think it's a little sad that I feel the need to make an announcement such as this. But I don't like hurt feelings and I like fairness.
Plus I'm lazy. I don't want to send this message in response to every friend request. This way? Easy peasy. See? Lazy.
Thanks for understanding and respecting my privacy. I love you guys in my panties.