1 year ago
Monday, August 30, 2010
Photo of the Day: Music Making
Last Thursday I had the opportunity to experience my first "Last Thursday," a street fair on Alberta here in Portland. And it was SO much fun. I took hundred of photos of the people and musicians and artists and vendors and their art and wares. I couldn't even upload them all and picking just one to highlight was such a challenge. But you can check out my faves here.
I eventually chose this shot for several reasons. One, I'm pretty proud of it. The lighting is great and I really like the composition. Two, isn't he SO interesting? I don't even know what kind of instrument that is but it's uber cool. Plus? (you'll love this) He had an Irish accent. *swoon* But the other reason I chose this shot is because I absolutely love in my heart of hearts street musicians. They're part of a musical tradition all its own and will always remind me of Europe.
If there was anything I loved most about this insanity masquerading as a street fair, it was the music. A cacophony of differing beats and sounds and styles dancing on the air and creating a competition of energy.
- Chicks who do it for me
- Lose Weight Fast with the Heartbreak Diet!
- Margaritas, Weed, and Slut Signals
- epic existential post just in time for that arbitrary changing of the calendar which I so love
- Public Service Announcement
- Horrifying Shit on Pinterest: Slut Shaming E-Cards
- Animal Monster Bird Squawk Dinosaur Creature
- Sexy Saturdays: Slutty Saturday
- My Doctors Always Suck, otherwise entitled Why I Hate Kaiser
- fishcunts and cum dumpsters