Oh boy was it another tough time to pick out a song this Sunday. I knew I wanted to share a little Brandi Carlile today. Brandi and I have been having a not so secret love affair for some time now. I am madly in love with her voice. So throaty and raw and powerful. mmmm. If you don't love on Brandi Carlile, get on that.
So anyway, I really wanted to share a song off of her first album that was very much about self-love and feels so empowering to me. Buuuut, I couldn't find a decent video. Then there was another with a kickass video, but felt too maudlin for me today. And I feel far from maudlin.
What I needed was a compromise. Something that's not about perfection. Because love is never perfect. A little sadness always accompanies the journeys of the heart. And inner strength is the lining of hellos and goodbyes. So, in the end? Dreams are what you have.
- Chicks who do it for me
- Lose Weight Fast with the Heartbreak Diet!
- Margaritas, Weed, and Slut Signals
- epic existential post just in time for that arbitrary changing of the calendar which I so love
- Public Service Announcement
- Horrifying Shit on Pinterest: Slut Shaming E-Cards
- Animal Monster Bird Squawk Dinosaur Creature
- My Doctors Always Suck, otherwise entitled Why I Hate Kaiser
- Sexy Saturdays: Slutty Saturday
- fishcunts and cum dumpsters