It is a work in progress. Some things I may accomplish in a year, some in 40, some maybe never. And I'll probably continually add things as I age and change and grow.
You'll notice I left some important life things off. There are several mucho important things that I absolutely want in this life, but are not necessarily within my control and more up to the will of the universe or whatever. I don't want to include anything on here that will make me feel like an utter loser if it doesn't happen. SO: only things I potentially have control over.
- Visit one new place a year
- Climb Machu Picchu
- Re-learn French and find a human avec qui je peux parler en Français on a regular basis
- Go on safari
- Embrace my white skin for at least one summer
- Start dancing again, doesn't matter what style
- Learn a new dance style (maybe Belly Dancing or Capoeira or Tango, par example)
- More actively pursue a career (or part-time career) in writing
- Expand my exploration of photography (maybe with classes, new camera(s), lenses, processing, editing programs, or even just challenging myself to see the world in new ways)
- Learn to sew (not cross stitch, not knit. SEW.)
- Track down the international friends I made in Paris. Bei Bei, Vivi, Paula, Mikael, Latifa: où êtes vous maintenent?
- Drive the west coast of the US
- Tour Greece, Cypress, and Turkey in one trip
- Find out my family medical history
- Face my fear of cooking meat
- Swim in the Mediterranean
- Take my future child(ren) to Paris and share my favorite places and foods (or someone else's children if that's the path life takes me)
- Learn to bake
- Buy a house (but I'd settle for renting) and NEST. (paint, garden, decorate. that baby will be gorgeous!)
- And in that house, have a library. With a comfy reading chair and a rolly ladder, fireplace optional.
- Go sailing. Even only once. I don't even care where. As long as it's on water. And there's wind.
- Teach a child to swim
- Get my bike fixed and actually ride it places (or get a cruiser and look adorable as I ride it everywhere)
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Go on one of those amazing photo expeditions
- Jump off a cliff into the ocean, maybe in Mexico, Greece, or Hawaii
- Go river rafting again
- Read my poetry in public
- Find an excuse to wear a fantastically extravagent gown (and it better not be a high school prom)
- Try 25 (new to me) international cuisines
- Write a book. I have no clue about what, except that it will be non-fiction. Maybe travel writing or tales of retail survival or who knows what? The goal is just to write something. When that happens, we'll think about publishing.
- Bungee jump
- Read 50 classic novels I've never read before
Aaaaand this is where I ran out of ideas. I've been working on this for a week and couldn't get to 35. Clearly there are way more things I want to do than this. So at this point, I beg for your help, Internet.
Help me make my Life List! What things would you put on your list? Give me ideas! Okay, so I might nix some. It is MY list, after all. But share yours anyway. Please please please PLEASE? Tell me.