Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Photo of the Day: Urban Snow

I took this last year in Kansas City on a morning after a snow storm and what I love about this shot are the contrasts: fresh snow and barren city alleyway, religious symbol and graffiti. This photo symbolizes everything I loved and miss about living in a city. The contrasts, the clash of cultures and ideas and images mashed up against each other and if you step back it can be quite beautiful. See the full image here.

Also, I wish it would snow. Don't laugh. Southern California. HA. Ha. ha. But I grew up in a desert and we'd usually get one good snow a year. And while I don't miss the desert (the dust and the wind and the tweakers), I do miss real winter. And desert thunderstorms. Nothing like it.

0 comments mean you love me:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...