Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sexy Saturdays: The Meaningless Sex


Welcome to the 6th edition of Sexy Saturdays! Can you believe it's been six weeks? My goodness time flies. I am overjoyed that my next guest post agreed to participate today: Lizzy Danger of The Antics of Miss Lizzy. She's one of my favorite people on the planet and I've honestly wanted to ask her from the start, but she's had a rough go of it lately in the romance department and I wanted to give her some time to heal before I asked her to talk about sex and romance.

Lizzy is the bees knees (I recently learned that bees have pockets in their knees to keep pollen. so there). She's the kindest gal and even though I have yet to meet this lovely lady in person, I feel lucky to consider her a friend. I met Lizzy on the Twitter and bonded when I begged her to let me participate in her poetry project and she's been nothing but lovely since. 

Beyond being a kickass mother and crafty lady, she also writes a fabulotastic poetry blog A Series of Thoughts. Go ch ch ch check it out. Oh and I almost forgot! She co-founded the super cool Words of a Wanton Woman blog hop. You should participate in that too. Also make sure to follow her on Twitter, like her Facebook page, and subscribe to her blog

But first? Enjoy!

So. Sexy Saturday hey? When the wonderfully awesome Miss Andy asked me to guest post for her I instantly felt a lot of things. I was flattered, and excited that someone as awesome as her would want me to guest post for her. I was scared because Sexy Saturday is awesome and I don't know if I will quite measure up. I have spend tons of time thinking about what the hell I should write about. An experience I've had, or haven't had but would like to. Feelings on the whole sex thing. So many topics and none of them seem to be jumping out at me. Why you ask? I suppose I should mention the last, most huge emotion I felt when being asked to guest post for Sexy Saturday. Confusion. Why confusion you ask?  I was confused simply because I haven't been having sex.

I haven't had sex in just over 2 months. Now I know to some of you, that doesn't seem to be a long time, and I should probably stop whining for respect of those who have gone longer without said action. But I have recently gotten out of a serious relationship where I could and did have sex anytime I wanted to, and now? I can't. *sigh* 

A person really does get used to that level of intimacy and I am having a hard time adjusting now that it's gone. And yeah I know, I could go out and pick up a random dude and get mine, but that doesn't seem to be the same thing anymore. 3 years ago I would have jumped on the one night stand wagon without hesitation, but now? Just doesn't seem right. I am learning that I am over the meaningless sex. Which sucks for my sex drive. I feel myself getting all hot and bothered if a dude just smiles at me now. Some guy accidently rubbed my back while walking by me at the grocery store and it took everything I had to not take advantage of him right there in the soup aisle. But life has taught me there are consequences to that too. How do we think I ended up single mommy of two, each having different fathers? My views on the whole sex with whoever thing have definetly changed over the last couple years, and I don't give it away as easily as I used to. And the next guy I sleep with, will have to work for it. Hard. (haha) 

Until then, I will just thank the lucky stars I have a kick ass vibrator.

7 comments mean you love me:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your writing does seem to be wobbling a bit.
Entertaining post. Thanks for this.
Keep those batteries in good order - maybe I can help you with that...
All the best from Boonie the battery salesman

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

...well...there's always women. ;0)

No fear of kiddie number three that way.

(My answer to pretty much everything is lesbianism.)

Chin up!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

"one night stand wagon" should become a common cultural phrase.

Hills said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Um...where do I begin??

First, welcome. (Though it's not my blog, so the welcome thing is a bit awkward...)

Second, as regards the "hot and bothered" thing - next time you're in the supermarket, DO take advantage of the bloke who brushes past you!!

You don't have to do it all the itme, but hey - it'll be an afternoon you'll never EVER forget (nor will he). And how many of those do you think yo have in a lifetime?

Unless you're me, of course. But then I feel slightly different to you as regards the "sex with anyone" thing. And on "afternoons of a lifetime" in general.

More on that later.

- B x

Lizzy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Boonie- I will keep that in mind.

made of words- I'm tempted

Megan- agreed.

The Barreness- We'll see how bad it gets. I just may have to attack some random in the soup aisle.

Thanks for the love!!! xo

idiotprovider said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Unadulterated openness. I found your post painful to read which likely means it was valuable.

Thanks.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love all the comments!!

Lizzy my love, thanks so much for posting!! *muah*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...