Monday, August 23, 2010

Final Score

Is the weekend really over? Really and truly?

I had grand plans this weekend. But instead my performance was less than mediocre.

I was going to hang up my curtains finally. But then I couldn't find the curtain rod attachments. Still can't find them. Lame.
Score: Mediocre

I was going to paint some picture frames. But then I ate a bowl of ice cream and watched 6 episodes of Futurama. I have priorities. 
Score: Meets expectations

I did explore a new cafe I'd been meaning to try. It was funky. And had good music. And cushy benches. And I sat for a few hours and got a lot of writing done (good writing too, not mediocre in the slightest).
Score: Exceeds expectations

I also fended off a goldilocks eurotrash kind of guy for a while. His hair was long and shiney and golden and curly at the ends. Like a Panteen commercial. Bastard. No man should have hair that silken.
Score: E for effort from Golidlocks

But then I paid for my tea which ended up being $5. Looks like I won't be going back there. It was an okay tea. It met my expectations. I'd say for $5 that should should have been fantastic tea. It should have exceeded my expectations.
Score: D for deceitful fucking expensive tea

I did paint a picture frame this morning. So that's good. I'll hang it with a photo of mine I printed last week. And I'll feel accomplished.
Score: Meets expectations

And I need to go buy vitamins. And Tylenol PM. That excursion is looking doubtful. Doubtful indeed.
Score: Mediocre

I have a family flying in tonight (The good kind. The kind I'm friends with. I don't open my home to the family I can't stand. Don't look at me at like that. You're wondering how you can pull that off too. Well I'm not telling.) and I couldn't be more excited!
Score: Exceeds your wildest dreams!

So I prob won't be posting much this week since we'll be galavanting around and having the fun.

But to make up for it, I give you this:

hehehehe

I'd like to introduce you to Buttersafe, my new fave Internet discovery. I spent a hour last night flipping through these comics and they're full of the awesome!

You're welcome, Internet. You're welcome.

Final score: you tell me.

13 comments mean you love me:

meredithblumoff said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

obv: ∞.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

she game me infinity! did you peeps see that? woot woot!

heart you!

kris said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This . . .

Score: D for deceitful fucking expensive tea . . .

Made me giggle!

Thanks, you!

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awesome! Expensive as hell tea, wtf with that, love futurama, and hey you painted a picture frame so that means a day of accomplishment in my book!

Poppy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was great. Never trust a man with shinier hair or who weighs less than you unless of course he's paying for a hell of a lot more than tea!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Kris- why thank you! always happy to provide giggles. :D

Brahm- thanks for the vote of confidence! and I know right? I mean, it was a large tea but not worth 5 smackers. viva Futurama!

Poppy- for serious. no man should spend more time in front of a mirror than me either, no straight man anyway.

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i love your scoring system. and i love funky cafes.

man, if you had watched 6 episodes of Mad Men, I would have insta-made you. :)

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Liz, thank you. :) I did watch 5 episodes of Mad Men the other day, to catch up. but not I'm all caught up.

steff said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

don't worry bout keeping us entertained. have fun with the fam!!! that shit's important, yo...

we'll be here when you get back.

Suniverse said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the score card. Love the fact that you ate ice cream and watched tv instead of being active. It makes me feel much better about my weekend.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

thanks, ladies! have a fabu week!

Natalie said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't even see the eurotrash and I'm jealous of his hair!

Love your scoring system, and your priorities.

5 bucks is a hell of a lot of money to pay for a cup of tea. I would've been pissed!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

why thank you, m'dear. yeah. it was a big tea, but still. too much!

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...