Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day Off

Do you know what today is, Internet? Do ya? Huh huh? Do ya? Huh?

It's my day off, that's what. I haven't had a day off in what? 8 days? 15? 237? 'Cuz that's what it feels like, yo. I was so freaking exhausted yesterday (Monday!), trudging through my super Friday. Or is it like Friday times 4? Whatever. Longest Friday ever if you ask me. But I made it through, by golly, by Jove. I did.

And do you know what I'm doing with my day today? That's right. A big, fat, fucking nothing. I slept in. I ate a little Joe's O's, drank some tea. Wait, I just made tea. I didn't drink it. Now my tea is cold. Dammit. I heated up my tea. I watched a little Hulu. I don't think I'll get dressed today and I think I'll try to be only a little productive. I need to do laundry if I don't want to wear bikini bottoms as underwear. And I want to apply for a few jobs online.

Ooh segue!

So on Friday last week, Boss asked me how the job hunt was going in Oregon. I said not great; not much out there. And he gave me some advice and sent me on my way. So yesterday, he walks into my office and hands me a stack of papers and says, "but I'm not trying to get rid of you." And what do you think he gave me? Job leads, that's what. He'd found jobs for me online. Whatnow? Seriously? Really? Who?

So I'm applying for those jobs today.

Also there's a story I really, really want to tell you, Internet, but I know there is film footage to enhance this story on a friend's camera and I kind of want to wait until I can share my fabulous humiliation in all its technicolor glory. Needless to say it involved Morgan's birthday party, dueling (and raunchy) piano players, Sir Mixalot, and My Ass.

Epic.

And just so you don't hate me for my day off (which I EARNED) while you are most likely slaving away at your job, here's a little Oren Lavie to enjoy. It's worth saying that there isn't a song by him that I don't like (Oren Lavie is my secret lover. don't tell him), but this song is pure fabulosity. And the video is pretty rockin' too.

2 comments mean you love me:

C said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't wait to see the video!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

me too, honey. me. too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...