Thursday, September 15, 2011

Da-amn

I live across the hall from the college guys. I have yet to befried these young dudes, but my roommate has been in their apartment (being the former manager) and can attest to their typical college male style.

The other day, I got home from work as I always do, and walk down the long driveway from my car to the front door of our apartment building.

Said guys are gathered on their balcony, which is just above and slightly left of the front door. Meaning I feel like I'm walking under the peanut gallery itself.

As I walk, they're elbowing each other and issuing calls of, "DAMN! She got some long ass legs!" And "AW YEAH!"

As if they worked in construction instead of paying good tuition for a higher education.

It immediately reminded me of this:


One of TV's most brilliant moments to be sure, mostly because it's so true. SO TRUE.

Back to the story, what's a girl to do but point out the obvious?

"I can hear you," I said to the balcony without making eye contact. To which they scattered like roaches in a kitchen.

Sigh. I fear for the next generation.

3 comments mean you love me:

alonewithcats said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

"I can hear you" is the perfect response.

This reminds me of the fact that I hate people. Not that I ever need a reminder.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Guys are just clueless. And your response was classic.

Nush said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hahahaha! Brilliant response!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...