Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random Thoughts of a Crazy Lady

 Drivers of Portland, when you are behind a bus and said bus pulls over to let passengers off, there is plenty of room for your small car to go around without ever crossing a line of any color, let alone yellow. So sack up and go around!

~~~~~~~~~~

Jete had her staples out yesterday. And she did so well! Didn't even flinch.

But she still has to wear a collar for a while because the vet originally had me put her in a baby T shirt to cover the incision. And the shirt irritated her underarm and by the time I noticed, she'd licked off all the hair there and the skin was all raw. So she has medicine for that now and has to wear a collar until it heals. Poor thing!

Aaaand, it turns out the vaccine company we thought had provided her vaccines did not. It's  a long story, but her original vet gave up his practice to work in emergency medicine and the new vet's database didn't keep the records clearly, or something. Anyway, I guess we're still trying to figure out which company it is and open a new case and ask for them to help with the cost of her treatment. Which means a longer wait to start her treatment since I cannot afford to just pay and be reimbursed. I'm looking into other methods of financing her care in the meantime.

We still see the oncologist this Saturday and I'll decide what our next steps are then.

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated so far! You've helped me pay for the first oncologist visit, which is so incredibly helpful! Jete and I appreciate it immensely.

And now, everything from my etsy shop goes to fund Jete's cancer treatment so get on over and start shopping! I have pendants up now and will be adding another soon. I even think earrings will come soon too. Maybe. Perhaps. Probably.

~~~~~~~~~~

A word on my vet: My vet is an awesomely cool, sweet lady. This is no surprise. I rarely meet a vetrinarian who isn't kind or doesn't the work.

What is weird is how shi shi nice the office is. Seriously. There's real, cushy furniture. With fancy pillows. There's a chandelier in the waiting room. The exam rooms feel like massage rooms in a day spa or a cushy therapist's office. And it's all decorated very modern-chic. The first time I went, I wasn't sure I was in the right place. If the vet techs hadn't been in scrubs, I would have had to double check.

But it's not like they act all shi shi. They're very nice and super friendly! They know me well already, call me Jete's Mom.

Every time I go, they offer me coffee or tea and I decline because I just assume it's crappy coffee or tea like you find in these kinds of businesses. I pictured a breakroom coffee pot with paper cups. But today, I had a headache (have had for 3 days actually) so I accepted and said tea sounds nice. They brought me this lovely ceramic tray with a fancy-ish mug of hot water and a large selection of teas. Seriously.

And it's not like I'm paying more for this schmancy vet's office either. I could get used to a place like that. Human doctors should start practices like that.

~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah. About that headache. My head has been a dull ache for like 3 days now and I have tried allll the homeopathic remedies and the straight up medicated route. Nothing's doing.

I realize I'm stressed, but DUDE, head, this is not helping yo!

Like, this cannot be an evolutionary advantage. When you get stressed, your head shouldn't hurt. How are you supposed to cope with stress when your brain feels like a mini freight train is rumbling inside for 3 damn days straight? This has got to be a mistake in our wiring somehow. Call Darwin. I want my money back.

Wait. What?

Whatever. If the head doesn't feel better soon, I'm going to fork out my eyeball and throw it at little children. Thaaaat should make me feel better.

I wonder why I'm not friends with my neighbors?

~~~~~~~~~~

I have a credit from Southwest airlines from back in my travel a lot days that I have to use in the next couple of months before it expires. My initial thought was that I'd just go back to California and see my family and best friends. That's the cheapest route too because I know the dears will cook for me and let me sleep on their couches.

But finding a time when they are all in So Cal in the same week is turning out to be impossible. I may go and have to miss someone. It sucks, but dude! What else can I do?

Maybe I'll say screw it and go see my bestie and my nephew in Vegas.

Or maybe I'll rob a bank and Jete and I will just head to the Bahamas. Cats like balmy beaches right?

And hunky beach guys like cat ladies right? Isn't that how Stella got her groove back? Right?

Are you picturing me on a beach wearing a mumu with a cat in my arms? Niiiice.

(this might be why I'm still single)

~~~~~~~~~~

And then there's this. Jon Hamm, I love you. Now get in my bed.

I don't even care what he's saying. I can't stop looking at his jawline. *rawr*





~~~~~~~~~~

I'm an internet whore! Hooray! I'm guest posting today over at Triton Cove, probably the coolest new blog on the block. You should totally go read my post and then while you're over there, just subscribe.

12 comments mean you love me:

Liz said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First, I'm glad that Jete is healing up (and I confess to finding animals wearing lamp shades to be completely adorable!).

Second, go to Vegas, baby!

Third, I LOVE Mad Men, but have a hard time seeing Jon doing non-serious stuff.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

right? but I can look at Jon alll day. did you not like him on 30 Rock?

her lamp shade is quite cute! it looks kinda like her cape. on Halloween, she was sitting in the window and it looked like her costume. :)

Bitter Betty said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I vote Vegas! Not planning on leaving until Christmas so we will be here! AAAAnd....you can have E's bed!
I'm glad things are going ok with Te...We are hoping to send more funds when we can!
Wove you :)

MrVicious said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So your guest post is up. And yeah if I was gay, I'd rape John Hamm. The only down side to that dude is the name! What is that about? Actors change their jenky last names all the time bro.

Simone said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

vegas is too stressful. i say so cal. ocean. blue skies. better chance of running into john hamm.

also, glad jete is doing better. :)

steff said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

glad to hear about the kitty recovery. can't wait to buy some button swag from you! i plan to put my order in when i get back from the honeymoon.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Kris- of COURSE you vote Vegas! haha! I'm really considering it. :D

Peter, I know right? that's so he can call himself Hammer.

Simone- wellll, my fam doesn't live near the ocean really. so it all depends on the people. and thanks!

Steff- thanks, hon! and woohoo! I do custom orders too. :D

Poppy said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Of course they can offer you tea and have a shi shi office, they charge a lot for their services and know you will pay it because you lOVE your pet!!!

I vote tropical. Without your cat.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

but they don't overcharge! that's the weird thing. right?

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Pleased that Jete’s getting along OK.
I’d hold off on the eyeball thing if I were you.
Re The hunky beach guys: I can’t advise. I’m not one, and I don't really want one either.

Have a nice day, Boonie

Lena said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Come to Salt Lake! It's not that far from Portland and we have lots of extra room here..we can do romantic hikes and what-not. :) (For reals though, consider it if you don't have anywhere else to go!)

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Boonie- I'll keep that in mind about the eyeball. hah! :D

Lena- the prob is I have too many places to go and can't see everyone. I figure if I go to Vegas, I can see my nephew and if anyone wants to see me, they can go there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...