Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Stab at a Life List

This is my life list. Well, the start of it anyway. It's not a bucket list. These aren't things I want to accomplish before I die; this list will be comprised of 100 things I want to do in my life.

It is a work in progress. Some things I may accomplish in a year, some in 40, some maybe never. And I'll probably continually add things as I age and change and grow.

You'll notice I left some important life things off. There are several mucho important things that I absolutely want in this life, but are not necessarily within my control and more up to the will of the universe or whatever. I don't want to include anything on here that will make me feel like an utter loser if it doesn't happen. SO: only things I potentially have control over.
  1. Visit one new place a year
  2. Climb Machu Picchu
  3. Re-learn French and find a human avec qui je peux parler en Français on a regular basis
  4. Go on safari
  5. Embrace my white skin for at least one summer
  6. Start dancing again, doesn't matter what style
  7. Learn a new dance style (maybe Belly Dancing or Capoeira or Tango, par example)
  8. More actively pursue a career (or part-time career) in writing
  9. Expand my exploration of photography (maybe with classes, new camera(s), lenses, processing, editing programs, or even just challenging myself to see the world in new ways)
  10. Learn to sew (not cross stitch, not knit. SEW.)
  11. Track down the international friends I made in Paris. Bei Bei, Vivi, Paula, Mikael, Latifa: où êtes vous maintenent?
  12. Drive the west coast of the US
  13. Tour Greece, Cypress, and Turkey in one trip
  14. Find out my family medical history
  15. Face my fear of cooking meat
  16. Skydive
  17. Swim in the Mediterranean
  18. Take my future child(ren) to Paris and share my favorite places and foods (or someone else's children if that's the path life takes me)
  19. Learn to bake
  20. Buy a house (but I'd settle for renting) and NEST. (paint, garden, decorate. that baby will be gorgeous!)
  21. And in that house, have a library. With a comfy reading chair and a rolly ladder, fireplace optional.
  22. Go sailing. Even only once. I don't even care where. As long as it's on water. And there's wind.
  23. Teach a child to swim
  24. Get my bike fixed and actually ride it places (or get a cruiser and look adorable as I ride it everywhere)
  25. Ride in a hot air balloon
  26. Go on one of those amazing photo expeditions
  27. Jump off a cliff into the ocean, maybe in Mexico, Greece, or Hawaii
  28. Go river rafting again
  29. Read my poetry in public
  30. Find an excuse to wear a fantastically extravagent gown (and it better not be a high school prom)
  31. Try 25 (new to me) international cuisines
  32. Write a book. I have no clue about what, except that it will be non-fiction. Maybe travel writing or tales of retail survival or who knows what? The goal is just to write something. When that happens, we'll think about publishing.
  33. Bungee jump
  34. Read 50 classic novels I've never read before
Aaaaand this is where I ran out of ideas. I've been working on this for a week and couldn't get to 35. Clearly there are way more things I want to do than this. So at this point, I beg for your help, Internet. 

Help me make my Life List! What things would you put on your list? Give me ideas! Okay, so I might nix some. It is MY list, after all. But share yours anyway. Please please please PLEASE? Tell me. 

5 comments mean you love me:

Strange_Bundle said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well, guilt brought me here, but I'm not sure what I can add without knowing you better. It's sorta hard to know what you should do when you haven't done it yet, I guess, but imagine how disappointing it would be if a good chunk of the things everyone told you to do wound up making you feel like you wasted your time :)

One thing I'll say for certain is that WHEN You accomplish these things, especially overcoming your fears (you're not the only person afraid of cooking meat... *cough*) you'll sorta know what sorts of things might come next. It's like climbing a tree to see over the jungle canopy: you have to start at the bottom to get to the top, no matter which branches you choose.

Like, relearning French, traveling-- heck, even family medical history could open up doors you never knew were there. 35's a big list for anyone, anyway.

Sorry if this was worthless, but it's the best I can do under so much pressure!!

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sorry for the guilt! Or am I? :) That was actually great advice. 35 is a great place to start. And I'm feeling like I'll leave it at 35 maybe and I can add more when I check some off.

THANKS!

Laura Eddings said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Honey, as a fellow pale skinned woman... Embrace that whiteness. I don't even bother to try and tan. I've gone to many a tropical island and returned just as white as when I left. I coat myself in 100SPF. I don't even care if nothing over 30 really works, I will always buy the highest available SPF for extended sun exposure! Honestly, I would love to be tan but I love not dying of skin cancer more;)

Krissy :) said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I will help you with 3, 15, 19 and 23 :) someone needs to teach my kid to swim!! In exchnage I'll teach you to cook meat and bake! And I too wish to parle Francias avec d'autres.

Andygirl said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

DONE! woot! love you, Kriss!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...