Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hiatus

So after a lot of deliberating, I've decided to take a small hiatus from blogging.

It's just I'm at this weird point where I kind of hate the blog even though I love it so much.

But I resent the effect it has on me sometimes, how my self-expression can turn on me. When you let people so deeply in, they're bound to have opinions on things you're sensitive about. It's hard to take sometimes. It's a risk every blogger takes, but I'm too tired to brush it off right now. And the community and interaction is the best part of blogging. So maybe I just need to step back and figure out why I'm feeling this way.

Plus, I'm resentful of the time it sucks out of me. Which is hard! But I suck lately. I never respond to comments anymore and I hardly even get to other blogs, which makes me crazy.

I love writing and I love this blog, but if I don't take a break and get some perspective, I'm in danger of quitting it completely.

So I just need some clarity. Some time to step back and see what I need to change so that I can hang onto this space that I've worked so hard to create.

It won't be a long hiatus, maybe a couple of weeks. And I'll still link the posts for Blogger Body Calendar this week and my Sprocket Ink articles. And I may even share a photo or two that I love.

I know that I risk losing readership by doing this, but I'm hoping that you all stick it out anyway. Thanks for understanding.

12 comments mean you love me:

Sarah said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'll still be here. :)
Enjoy your break. I wish I could say I take breaks because I feel it's time and not because I just get distracted by balls of string and sunny days.

Lance said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You will be missed. Come back soon crazy lady.

Suniverse said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

You need this.

Just take your time and we'll be here when you get back.

XO,

S

Skye said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'll be here. I hope your break is refreshing and helps you figure it all out.

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Totally understand! You'll be missed!

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Blogger burn out is understandable. I went through the same thing a while back. Hope to see you back soon!

TheTraveler said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Just like great friends, we can go weeks, months, even years without contact...& we'll have no problem picking up, right were we left off.

So go have fun stepping outside of the craziness of current reality, and I look forward to whatever is next. =)

Dana said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

don't worry about that. i know the majority of us will be here when you are ready to come back. take your time - we all need those life breaks.

Satan said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i'll miss you so! but then, i'll still be here when you're back.
enjoy the break!

Dawn said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

...waiting patiently and reading archives. Go be well for awhile.

Tonya said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hang in there, chica. Take some time and regroup and hopefully you'll get your second wind.

alonewithcats said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your cats will love you for spending less time on the computer. I'm a cat in name only, so I'll miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...