So after a lot of deliberating, I've decided to take a small hiatus from blogging.
It's just I'm at this weird point where I kind of hate the blog even though I love it so much.
But I resent the effect it has on me sometimes, how my self-expression can turn on me. When you let people so deeply in, they're bound to have opinions on things you're sensitive about. It's hard to take sometimes. It's a risk every blogger takes, but I'm too tired to brush it off right now. And the community and interaction is the best part of blogging. So maybe I just need to step back and figure out why I'm feeling this way.
Plus, I'm resentful of the time it sucks out of me. Which is hard! But I suck lately. I never respond to comments anymore and I hardly even get to other blogs, which makes me crazy.
I love writing and I love this blog, but if I don't take a break and get some perspective, I'm in danger of quitting it completely.
So I just need some clarity. Some time to step back and see what I need to change so that I can hang onto this space that I've worked so hard to create.
It won't be a long hiatus, maybe a couple of weeks. And I'll still link the posts for Blogger Body Calendar this week and my Sprocket Ink articles. And I may even share a photo or two that I love.
I know that I risk losing readership by doing this, but I'm hoping that you all stick it out anyway. Thanks for understanding.
- Chicks who do it for me
- Lose Weight Fast with the Heartbreak Diet!
- Margaritas, Weed, and Slut Signals
- epic existential post just in time for that arbitrary changing of the calendar which I so love
- Public Service Announcement
- Horrifying Shit on Pinterest: Slut Shaming E-Cards
- Animal Monster Bird Squawk Dinosaur Creature
- My Doctors Always Suck, otherwise entitled Why I Hate Kaiser
- Sexy Saturdays: Slutty Saturday
- fishcunts and cum dumpsters